Sometimes one needs a break from politics. So today I wish to talk about sports. That’s right, what is more relaxing than watching a game on TV while clearing ones mind of Democrats, Obama, Liberals, Healthcare, Oh wait, that doesn’t work anymore! Politics is now all intertwined with sports! I can’t even catch a break when I want to take a break! Shall we count all the ways Liberalism, and left wing loons are infiltrating recreation? Yes, we shall…
1) The Baltimore Ravens was paid 130 thousand dollars to promote the “Affordable Health Care Act” on their TV Cable wrap up shows, Facebook page, Baltimore Ravens website, pre/post game radio segments as well as twitter. The NFL itself opted out, but said individual teams are free to partake. This to me is an intrusion to our leisure time, and at tax payers expense I might add. While 130 thousand dollars to a team is really not that much, why use tax payer money for this? If Obamacare is so good, do it for free! It is one thing to support Breast Cancer Month and a good cause at that (Although I just can’t get used to all the players wearing pink! However, it makes you wonder, with only the Raven’s (That I am aware of) being a team effort spokesmen for Obamacare, if it was so great why didn’t the other teams do so? Many just said no.
2) Bullying in school is a horrific thing to a child, but bullying in the NFL!? Richie Incognito is accused of doing just that to Jonathan Martin. Jonathan has left football as of October 28th over this bullying. Richie Incognito, although has a past history of similar offenses, says he and Jonathan were close friends and he did not bully Johnathan. Uhm, excuse me, this is the NFL, right? Can you imagine Ray Nitschke with a crying towel because Jerry Kramer bullied him? NO! They would have been told MAN UP GIRLY MAN! To me, this is Liberalism sneaking in to feminize football. Again, children being bullied is a serious problem, but a NFL player? What team does he play for again? Oh, that’s right, the Miami Dolphins. Well, it’s not like a Dolphin is as threatening as a Bear or a Bengal. George Carlin once said there should be a team called the Cincinnati Mice. Perhaps Johnathan could play on that team. You see, I don’t give my sympathies to Johnathan, regardless if he was bullied or this is fabricated. He makes a ton of money, and as a football player he should be like all the greats to make it in that sport. I refer to Mean Joe Green, Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor. You’re a grown man Jonathan, deal with it by confronting, and putting an end to it. Don’t cry and say I don’t wanna play anymore Ma.
3) Then there is Denver Broncos guard John Moffitt who walked away from the game after reading a book by Noam Chomsky. The line in the book that made him rethink his life was that cheering for your home team was a way of “building into people’s irrational submissiveness to power”. The Liberal mind at work. So, he walks away from 1 million bucks if he had stayed until his contract was up at the end of the year, because he wasn’t happy. Hey, Mr. Moffitt, here’s a secret for ya… NONE OF US ARE HAPPY! Just play the (%*&^ Game!
4) Is it only the NFL that politics and liberalism is entering? No! Take the Canadian story a few months back. The Ontario Soccer Association, and others in Canada, have decided everyone should be a winner. So, how do they do this? By playing the game with no ball! My favorite quote was a woman who said “It isn’t important if you are a good soccer player, but with no ball, if you believe you are a good soccer player, than you are”. (Listen closely, can you hear me hitting my head against a pole?) Liberals are nuts, no matter the subject. This no ball soccer idea is right from the schools themselves that say no testing, because we don’t want children to think they are failures. Oh how my sports hero Vince Lombardi must be rolling over in his grave. The man that said “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.” Can you imagine the very first Super Bowl: The Green Bay Packers vs. the Oakland Raiders playing without a ball, because we don’t want either team to feel bad about themselves! What these jerks in Canada are missing is competition win or lose builds character. We are stronger for our failures, and when we do win, it means much more. It prepares us for the real world.
5) The Kentucky High School Athletic Association ruled recently that there are to be no team handshakes at the end of a game. Again, liberalism at work. Do to a fight at a Kentucky game during the handshaking of both teams afterward, all schools in Kentucky must halt this good sportsmanship tradition. After billions (yes, and exaggeration, but it’s a lot!) of handshakes by hundreds, perhaps thousands of schools in Kentucky with no problems or fights, liberals step in. If handshaking is done after a game, both team officials (Coaches, etc) will be punished. To me this is like saying “Oh no, I found one bad orange in Florida, let’s shut down all the Orange groves!
6) Olympic Curling. No, nothing to write about that sport, I just had to throw it in, because it is so ridiculous. Ha! However, it must have been a liberal who thought of it… IT’S JUST SHUFFLE BOARD ON ICE! Geeez!
7) Jason Collins, the NBA basketball player came out to admit he is gay… SO WHAT!? WHO CARES! Should all that play in the NBA that aren’t gay come out and admit they are straight!? Why the need to declare the sexual preference in a sport? I don’t care! PLAY THE GAME! However, being he is gay I think it is a safe assumption he is also a Democrat/liberal. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think the odds are in my favor that I am right. Liberals feel the need to make being gay part of the norm. It may be normal to them, but is it normal to society? If I say there are 75 people straight and 25 people gay, the 75 people by definition of math makes them the norm (Society wise). If one is gay, enjoy! Have a great life! However, two men or two women kissing in a park when a child is looking on from the playground area just seems odd to the child. Hence, an agenda. Make it common place in all walks of life, including sports, and the child grows up thinking it is normal (Society wise). Why do we have to know who is gay and who is not in the military, sports, actors, etc. By the way Hillary, are you next to admit it?
8) Getting back to the NFL, how about the Washington Redskins. Each year for the past decade the Oneida Indian Nation has called for the Redskins to change their name. However, this year it went viral if I may use that term. Even politicians have called for the name to be changed. The group has said it is racially offensive. However, polling shows that overwhelmingly 90 percent of American Indians DO NOT think the Washington Redskins is a racially offensive slur to them. They feel it is rather an honor of bold warriors. Think of the logic… The Washington Redskins picked their name because they didn’t like Indians? No, they honored them. The team began in 1932. The name was not picked with racism in mind. To change it now is just Political Correctness once again. Liberals and Democrats are behind political correctness. As Dr. Benjamin Carson said “Political Correctness is ruining our country”. The owner has said he will not change the name. If he is forced to by pressure, than there are many teams in all the land that would have to as well. Washington Redskins represent warriors. Washington Democrats represent not Redskins, but thin-skinned! NOTE: Bob Costas should stick to talking about sports. His rant about the Redskins was liberalism in the booth.
9) During the Missouri State Fair Rodeo a Rodeo clown adorned in an Obama mask made a satirical show at the president’s expense. “I know I am a clown, he just acts like one” etc. was heard over the speakers. Liberals went ballistic! HOW DARE THEY MAKE FUN OF OBAMA! They wanted him fired! Banned from rodeos! The clown, Tuffy Gessling, said he received death threats. Now here is the main difference between Liberals and NORMAL AMERICANS come in… Tuffy Gessling has been doing this with all presidents, including Ronald Reagan, George H. Bush, and George W. Bush. THE SAME MAN! Yet, not one Republican or conservative demanded his head on a platter. NOT ONE! Liberals want to infiltrate sports in many ways, but when the shoe is on the other foot the liberal who claims to be the tolerant of all people shows how intolerant they really are.
10 … And to prove politics do not belong in sports, just go to Youtube and watch Obama throw a first pitch in the MLB like a girl!