On my radio show on Sunday September 8th 2013, I did a story about a tax payer funded study that cost you, the tax payer, 2.2 million dollars to find out why there is a high percentage of obesity in Lesbians. In March of 2013 I did a story that cost you, the tax payer 2.7 million dollars to find out why many Lesbians are alcoholics. This, at a time liberals are all shouting the sky is falling since January of 2013 when the Sequester kicked in and we were told how devastating it would be. The Sequester stopped school children and tourists from taking the White House tours (costing 74 thousand a week), but we can spend million on ridiculous studies?
I wonder how much work goes into these studies. I always imagined a few people sitting around a table playing UNO for months, then one turns to the other and says “Hey, write a report”. Meanwhile they drive Lincolns and are having a new swimming pool installed! I decided to write today’s article more as a list of these studies, projects or grants that you pay for that can only be described as a country lost on what really is important: Taking care of our vets, homeless, elderly, the middle class, etc.
All this while only 48 percent of Americans pay taxes. These are a few below. As you read them, think about how low your taxes would be without the waste in government. Perhaps there is a reason they always want to raise your taxes. To pay for stupid things!
Keep in mind, this is not a Democrat or Republican problem. It has gone on for decades. However, it is a liberal problem. Conservatism does not leave room for big government and want to lower your taxes, thus these things would be cut for sure.
- $175,587.00: On a study to find out if Cocaine makes Japanese quail engage in risky sexual behavior.
- $384,949.00: On a study to find out why Duck penis’s are shrinking.
- $3 million: To study video games such as World of Warcraft.
- $30 million: To help Pakistani farmers grow Mangos (Uhm… Just give them seeds!)
- $700,000.00: To study Gas emissions from… cars? No. Planes? No. ANSWER: Cows.
- $2.6 million: To train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly.
- 25 Billion: to maintain vacant government buildings
- 2 Billion:To farmers NOT to farm on their land.
- $400,000.00: On a study to find out why gay Argentina men engage in risky sex when drunk.
- $500,000.00: Paid to Alaska Airlines to paint on ONE plane a Chinook Salmon.
- $505,000.00: A government grant given to promote hair products… For cats!
- 15 million: To help Russian weapon institutes to recruit nuclear scientists.
- 27 million: To teach Moroccans how to make pottery.
- $350,000.00: On a study to see if a golfer imagines the whole to be bigger, would it help their game.
- 148 million: To the Palestinian Authority, to which they then gave to Terrorists.
- $666,905.00: To study if watching television reruns are beneficial to the viewer.
- $800,000.00: To study the effects of genital washing on South African men.
- 442,340.00: To study the behavior of male prostitutes in Vietnam.
- 3.4 million: To build a Turtle Tunnel under Highway 27 in Florida.
- 3 million: To study Shrimp on a treadmill. (You can view this on YouTube).
- 1 million: To study the sexual habits of mud snails.
- $532,000.00 to study the sexual habits of women with breast implants.
- 200 million: to fund a reality show in India so the US can advertise cotton.
- $141,450.00 to China, to study swine manure.
- 833 million: In subsidies to Amtrak for their lost of profits on their food service.
- $325,000.00: On Robosquirrel. A robotic squirrel to see how snakes would react to it.
- 2.5 billion: In foodstamp (SNAP) abuse for things as exotic dancers, alcohol, sugary drinks, etc.
- $998,798.00: Shipping two 19cent washers from South Carolina to Texas.
- $293,451.00: Shipping one 89 cent washer from South Carolina to Florida.
- 32 million: For the Healthy Food Initiative for lower income areas, with no measurable result.
- 7.8 billion in aide: To Iraq, but it can’t be accounted for… lost.
- 2.4 billion: For new jets Congress ordered for the Pentagon, that the Pentagon said it does not need nor will it ever use.
- 2 billion: To Brazil for them to drill for oil. The oil goes to China, not us.
- $585,000.00: For a one night stay in Paris for Joe Biden at a 5 star hotel.
- 1.4 billion: In 2011 spent on Obama vacations (In contrast the Royal family UK spends 58 mil a year.
- 55 billion (A year): To 180 countries, yet Detroit goes bankrupt?
- And let us not forget Obama’s dog flies to Martha’s Vineyard on your dime.
In closing, I am going to request I get 100 million dollars to study why these things bother me.
(Article amendment: As I was about to post this article, a new study just released says men with smaller testicles make better fathers. The article did not state how much the cost was for the study, or even if it was tax payer funded, but regardless… are these studies really needed?)
References used for this article:
* Bonus link: http://moneymorning.com/2012/02/22/why-chimps-throw-poop-and-17-other-examples-of-government-waste/